Canal in Naples, Florida
The shopping cart in an algae-choked Naples canal brings to mind Rob Hopkins’ 2019 book, From What Is to What If. With a teacher’s luxury of extra time to wonder (and wander) during summer months, both the inspiring and disgusting trigger daily “what if” questions. The first four are chapter titles from Hopkins’ book…
1. What if we followed nature’s lead?
2. What if we started asking better questions?
3. What if we took play seriously?
4. What if school nurtured young imaginations?
5. What if we replaced lawns with native plants?